Newt Gingrich: Fed Confused, Fire Bernanke
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Newt Gingrich reiterated that he would fire Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke and named three steps he would immediately take to reform the central bank if he were elected president.
The former House speaker, in an exclusive interview with TheStreet Monday, blasted the Fed as "confused," which was consistent with the vocal displeasure Gingrich has spewed about the Bernanke's policies since before the GOP candidate even launched his 2012 presidential campaign.
"I would, first of all, demand a thorough audit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV