FRISCO, Texas, Dec. 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Comstock Resources, Inc. (" Comstock" or the "Company")(NYSE:CRK) announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire acreage in the Delaware Basin in West Texas (the "Acquisition") from Eagle Oil & Gas Co. and certain other parties at a purchase price of $332.7 million. The Acquisition includes approximately 68,000 gross (44,000 net) acres in the Southern Delaware Basin in Reeves County in West Texas which are prospective for development in the Bone Spring and Wolfcamp shales. The Acquisition consists primarily of leasehold but also includes an estimated 23.2 million barrels of oil equivalent ("MMBoe") of proved reserves at closing and net daily production of approximately 1,400 barrels of oil equivalent per day ("Boepd"). The properties being acquired include 29 producing wells and five wells that are in various stages of completion. The Acquisition, which is to close by the end of December 2011, will be funded with borrowings under the Company's bank credit facility and is subject to customary purchase price adjustments and other customary closing conditions. Establishing a position in the Permian Basin has been a priority for the Company in 2011. Prior to completing this acquisition, Comstock has leased approximately 12,000 net exploratory acres in the Permian region so far in 2011.
Highlights of the Acquisition:
Establishes a new core area for the Company in the Delaware Basin with approximately 68,000 gross (44,000 net) acres that are prospective for development of the Bone Spring and Wolfcamp oil shales.
Adds over 900 net identified vertical drilling locations in the Wolfbone play with resource potential of 178 MMBoe.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV