NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- BP Plc (BP) is leveling some serious charges against Halliburton (HAL) as the courts continue to sort through the evidence to determine who deserves what amount of blame for the Gulf of Mexico spill off the coast of Louisiana in April 2010.
According to a report from Bloomberg, BP accused a unit of Halliburton of destroying pertinent test results in a court filing.
BP said the test results showed samples of the concrete used by Halliburton to seal the Macondo well were unstable, and asked the court to "find that Halliburton destroyed evidence on purpose and to compel the company to turn over for third-party examination the computer used for the modeling," Bloomberg said.
A Halliburton spokesperson told Bloomberg the company is reviewing the motion filed by BP. The two companies are involved in litigation about who caused the spill.BP shares closed Monday at $43.57, up 28 cents; while Halliburton's stock rose 1.2% to $37.01. --Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV