Schweitzer-Mauduit International Inc (SWM) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Non-Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Schweitzer-Mauduit International Inc fell 37 cents (-0.5%) to $68.83 on light volume. Throughout the day, 83,854 shares of Schweitzer-Mauduit International Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 144,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $68-$69.88 after having opened the day at $69.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $69.20. Other company's within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that declined today were: China Xiniya Fashion (XNY), down 6.3%, Blyth Inc (BTH), down 5.3%, Cereplast Inc (CERP), down 5.3%, and Ever-Glory International Group Inc (EVK), down 4.9%. Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc. manufactures and sells paper and reconstituted tobacco products to the tobacco industry, as well as specialized paper products for use in various applications. It operates in two segments, Paper and Reconstituted Tobacco. Schweitzer-Mauduit International Inc has a market cap of $1.15 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.4, below the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio of 22.3 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 10% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Schweitzer-Mauduit International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Schweitzer-Mauduit International Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SWM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV