Spreadtrum Communications Inc (SPRD) pushed the Electronics industry lower today making it today's featured Electronics loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Spreadtrum Communications Inc fell $2.28 (-8.6%) to $24.13 on average volume. Throughout the day, two million shares of Spreadtrum Communications Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $23.89-$26.99 after having opened the day at $26.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.41. Other company's within the Electronics industry that declined today were: BTU International Inc (BTUI), down 13.4%, Spire Corporation (SPIR), down 10%, Daqo New Energy (DQ), down 9.1%, and Dynasil Corporation of America (DYSL), down 8.5%. Spreadtrum Communications, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a fabless semiconductor company that designs, develops, and markets baseband processor and RF transceiver solutions for wireless communications and mobile television markets. Spreadtrum Communications Inc has a market cap of $1.19 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.7, above the average electronics industry P/E ratio of four and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 43.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Spreadtrum as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has not been very careful in the management of its balance sheet.
- You can view the full Spreadtrum Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SPRD
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV