PHH Corporation (PHH): Today's Featured Financial Loser
PHH Corporation (PHH) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, PHH Corporation fell 25 cents (-1.7%) to $14.83 on light volume. Throughout the day, 663,047 shares of PHH Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 983,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $14.82-$15.38 after having opened the day at $15.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.08. Other company's within the Financial sector that declined today were: Ameritrans Capital Corporation (AMTC), down 50.6%, Carver Bancorp Inc (CARVD), down 21.8%, Carver Bancorp Inc (CARV), down 21.8%, and Pacific Office Properties Trust Inc (PCE), down 16.7%. PHH Corporation provides mortgage and fleet management outsourcing services in the United States and Canada. PHH Corporation has a market cap of $865.4 million and is part of the financial services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.9, below the average financial services industry P/E ratio of 20.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 34.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates PHH as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself, unimpressive growth in net income, generally weak debt management, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share.
- You can view the full PHH Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV