Fossil Inc. (FOSL): Today's Featured Consumer Durables Loser
Fossil Inc (FOSL) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Fossil Inc fell 82 cents (-0.9%) to $89.09 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Fossil Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $88.60-$92.63 after having opened the day at $91.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $89.91. Other company's within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: SGOCO Group (SGOC), down 12.8%, Elecsys Corporation (ESYS), down 9.3%, Cybex International Inc (CYBI), down 7.8%, and Entertainment Gaming Asia Inc (EGT), down 7.7%. Fossil, Inc. designs, develops, markets, and distributes fashion accessories worldwide. Fossil Inc has a market cap of $5.54 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.1, equal to the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 27.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Fossil as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full Fossil Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV