Corn Products International Inc (CPO) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Corn Products International Inc fell 46 cents (-0.9%) to $51.47 on light volume. Throughout the day, 423,520 shares of Corn Products International Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 692,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $51-$52.35 after having opened the day at $52.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.93. Other company's within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: SGOCO Group (SGOC), down 12.8%, Imperial Sugar Company (IPSU), down 9.5%, Elecsys Corporation (ESYS), down 9.3%, and Cybex International Inc (CYBI), down 7.8%. Corn Products International, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells various ingredients to food and industrial customers in North America, South America, Asia, Africa, and Europe. Corn Products International Inc has a market cap of $3.92 billion and is part of the food & beverage industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.8, equal to the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 12.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Corn Products International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Corn Products International Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CPO
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV