Corn Products International Inc. (CPO): Today's Featured Consumer Goods Loser
Corn Products International Inc (CPO) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Corn Products International Inc fell 46 cents (-0.9%) to $51.47 on light volume. Throughout the day, 423,520 shares of Corn Products International Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 692,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $51-$52.35 after having opened the day at $52.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.93. Other company's within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: SGOCO Group (SGOC), down 12.8%, Imperial Sugar Company (IPSU), down 9.5%, Elecsys Corporation (ESYS), down 9.3%, and Cybex International Inc (CYBI), down 7.8%. Corn Products International, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells various ingredients to food and industrial customers in North America, South America, Asia, Africa, and Europe. Corn Products International Inc has a market cap of $3.92 billion and is part of the food & beverage industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.8, equal to the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 12.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Corn Products International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Corn Products International Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV