Chunghwa Telecom Co Ltd (CHT): Today's Featured Telecommunications Loser
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Chunghwa Telecom fell 32 cents (-0.9%) to $33.48 on light volume. Throughout the day, 182,184 shares of Chunghwa Telecom exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 353,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $33.31-$33.78 after having opened the day at $33.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.80. Other company's within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: DRI Corporation (TBUS), down 11.8%, MER Telemanagement Solutions (MTSL), down 8.5%, RF Monolithics (RFMI), down 7.4%, and WPCS International Inc (WPCS), down 6.7%. Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. provides integrated telecommunications services primarily in Taiwan. Chunghwa Telecom has a market cap of $26.05 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.5, below the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 45.2 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 33.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Chunghwa Telecom as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Chunghwa Telecom Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV