Chunghwa Telecom Co Ltd (CHT): Today's Featured Telecommunications Loser
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Chunghwa Telecom fell 32 cents (-0.9%) to $33.48 on light volume. Throughout the day, 182,184 shares of Chunghwa Telecom exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 353,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $33.31-$33.78 after having opened the day at $33.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.80. Other company's within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: DRI Corporation (TBUS), down 11.8%, MER Telemanagement Solutions (MTSL), down 8.5%, RF Monolithics (RFMI), down 7.4%, and WPCS International Inc (WPCS), down 6.7%. Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. provides integrated telecommunications services primarily in Taiwan. Chunghwa Telecom has a market cap of $26.05 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.5, below the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 45.2 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 33.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Chunghwa Telecom as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Chunghwa Telecom Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV