Boston Properties Inc (BXP) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Boston Properties Inc rose $1.50 (1.6%) to $95.23 on light volume. Throughout the day, 799,341 shares of Boston Properties Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $94.50-$96.44 after having opened the day at $94.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $93.73. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: Elbit Imaging (EMITF), up 19%, iStar Financial Inc (SFI), up 16.7%, Capital Trust Inc (CT), up 7.9%, and IRSA Investments and Representations Inc (IRS), up 5.7%. Boston Properties, Inc., a real estate investment trust (REIT), together with its subsidiaries, engages in the ownership and development of office properties. Boston Properties Inc has a market cap of $13.81 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 85.8, equal to the average real estate industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 8.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Boston as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Boston Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BXP
Boston Properties Series B Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock About To Put More Money In Your Pocket
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV