Popular Inc (BPOP) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, Popular Inc fell 7 cents (-4.5%) to $1.47 on average volume. Throughout the day, eight million shares of Popular Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $1.45-$1.56 after having opened the day at $1.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1.54. Other company's within the Banking industry that declined today were: Carver Bancorp Inc (CARVD), down 21.8%, Carver Bancorp Inc (CARV), down 21.8%, Central Virginia Bankshares Inc (CVBK), down 13.3%, and MBT Financial Corporation (MBTF), down 10.8%. Popular, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides a range of retail and commercial banking products and services primarily to corporate clients, small and middle size businesses, and retail clients in Puerto Rico and Mainland United States. Popular Inc has a market cap of $1.53 billion and is part of the financial sector. Shares are down 51% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Popular as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share.
- You can view the full Popular Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BPOP
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV