Popular Inc (BPOP): Today's Featured Banking Loser
Popular Inc (BPOP) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, Popular Inc fell 7 cents (-4.5%) to $1.47 on average volume. Throughout the day, eight million shares of Popular Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $1.45-$1.56 after having opened the day at $1.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1.54. Other company's within the Banking industry that declined today were: Carver Bancorp Inc (CARVD), down 21.8%, Carver Bancorp Inc (CARV), down 21.8%, Central Virginia Bankshares Inc (CVBK), down 13.3%, and MBT Financial Corporation (MBTF), down 10.8%. Popular, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides a range of retail and commercial banking products and services primarily to corporate clients, small and middle size businesses, and retail clients in Puerto Rico and Mainland United States. Popular Inc has a market cap of $1.53 billion and is part of the financial sector. Shares are down 51% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Popular as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share.
- You can view the full Popular Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV