Emerson Electric Co. (EMR): Today's Featured Industrial Winner
Emerson Electric (EMR) pushed the Industrial industry higher today making it today's featured industrial winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Emerson Electric rose 77 cents (1.5%) to $52.13 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3.4 million shares of Emerson Electric exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $51.71-$52.59 after having opened the day at $52.21 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.36. Other companies within the Industrial industry that increased today were: Cleantech Solutions International Inc (CLNT), up 34.8%, Broadwind Energy Inc (BWEN), up 14.6%, Tower International Inc (TOWR), up 14.6%, and ZBB Energy Corporation (ZBB), up 13.1%. Emerson Electric Co. operates as a diversified technology company worldwide. It engages in designing and supplying products and technology, and delivering engineering services and solutions to industrial, commercial, and consumer markets. Emerson Electric has a market cap of $38.14 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16, equal to the average industrial industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 10.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Emerson Electric as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Emerson Electric Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV