HF Financial Corp. (Nasdaq: HFFC)
today announced that independent proxy advisory firm Egan-Jones recommended that shareholders vote their
of HF Financial’s nominees to the Board of Directors and for all other Company proposals at the Company’s Annual Meeting on December 13, 2011.
In its December 5, 2011 report, Egan-Jones stated:
- “We believe that voting the management ballot is in the best interest of the Company and its shareholders. In arriving at that conclusion, we have considered the following factors:
- Our belief that the Company offered in good faith to expand its board and appoint PL Capital nominee John Palmer to that board in return for support of the Company’s two nominees but was rebuffed by the dissidents.
- Our belief that the Company should be given time to realize the intended benefits of its current strategic plan.
- The fact that the Company made significant good faith efforts to avoid the current proxy contest, which is imposing substantial and unnecessary costs on the Company.”
- “The nominees appear qualified and we recommend a vote “FOR” this Proposal on the BLUE proxy card provided by the management.”
Each shareholder’s vote is important. The HF Financial Board encourages shareholders to use the
proxy card to vote
—by telephone, by Internet, or by signing, dating and returning the
proxy card. Shareholders who have questions about how to vote or need additional assistance are encouraged to contact HF Financial’s proxy solicitation firm, Innisfree M&A Incorporated, at (888) 750-5834 or (212) 750-5833.
About HF Financial Corp.
HF Financial Corp., based in Sioux Falls, SD, is the parent company for financial services companies, including Home Federal Bank, Mid America Capital Services, Inc., dba Mid America Leasing Company, Hometown Investment Services, Inc. and HF Financial Group, Inc. The largest publicly traded savings association headquartered in South Dakota, HF Financial Corp. operates with 34 offices in 19 communities, throughout Eastern South Dakota and one location in Marshall, Minnesota. The Corporation has opened a branch in the Twin Cities market as Infinia Bank, a Division of Home Federal Bank of South Dakota. Internet banking is also available at
This material may be deemed to be solicitation material in respect of the solicitation of proxies from the Corporation’s stockholders in connection with the Corporation’s 2011 Annual Meeting of Stockholders (the “Annual Meeting”). The Corporation has filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) and mailed to its stockholders a proxy statement in connection with the Annual Meeting (the “Annual Meeting Proxy”), and advises its stockholders to read the Annual Meeting Proxy and any and all supplements and amendments thereto because they contain important information. Stockholders may obtain a free copy of the Proxy Statement and other documents that the Corporation files with the SEC at the SEC’s website at
. The Proxy Statement and these other documents may also be obtained upon request addressed to the Secretary of the Corporation at 225 South Main Avenue, Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57104.
Certain Information Concerning Participants
The Corporation, its directors and certain of its executive officers may be deemed to be participants in the solicitation of the Corporation’s stockholders in connection with its Annual Meeting. Stockholders may obtain information regarding the names, affiliations and interests of such individuals in the Corporation’s proxy statement related to its 2011 Annual Meeting of Stockholders, filed with the SEC on November 16, 2011.