3. CenturyLink (CTL)
Company Profile: CenturyLink is the third-largest telecommunications company in the U.S. based on access lines, providing phone, high-speed Internet, and wireless services to customers in 37 states.Sector Representation: Telecommunication services Share Price: $36.30 (Dec. 5) Potential Upside: 37.7% based on a price target of $50 Investment Thesis: Analyst David Barden says the CenturyLink is inexpensive with a high dividend yield, and that investors could be in store for buybacks or dividend growth in 2012. "We view yield-based wireline stocks as the equivalent of equity bonds where the required return (yield) is a function of relative risk ([free cash flow] payout ratio)," Barden writes. "Within this framework CTL screens positively among yield stories at 8.4% yield from a 48.5% [the 2012 estimated] payout ratio."
2. Marathon Oil (MRO) Company Profile: Marathon Oil is an independent upstream company. The company has international operations in exploration and production, oil sands mining and integrated gas. Sector Representation: Energy Share Price: $28.81 (Dec. 5) Potential Upside: 73.6% based on a price target of $50 Investment Thesis: Analyst Doug Leggate picks Marathon Oil out from his entire coverage universe because of the company's attractive valuation, high quality and yield. "We believe the recent announcement to separate the company into two separate units that focus on exploration and production and refining, will release value from the shares and demand a higher premium to the current share price," Leggate writes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV