5. Air Products & Chemical (APD)
Company Profile: Air Products supplies a portfolio of atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials, equipment and services to a wide range of industries from food and beverage, health and personal care to energy, transportation and semiconductors.Sector Representation: Materials Share Price: $84.03 (Dec. 5) Potential Upside: 19% based on a price target of $100 Investment Thesis: Analyst Kevin McCarthy says that chemicals is the preferred industry within the materials sector, and that quality, growth, and attractive valuation led him to Air Products. "We view Air Products as a leader in industrial gases, with exposure to high-growth markets, including Asia, refinery hydrogen, and electronics," he writes. "Take-or-pay onsite gas contracts, and 3-5 year merchant gas contracts provide a cushion against downturns. We expect earnings to benefit from ongoing recovery in the global industrial economy and rising global energy prices. Additional positives include a healthy backlog of new projects, such as hydrogen for crude oil refining and oxygen for coal gasification."
4. Apple (AAPL) Company Profile: Apple, the maker of consumer electronic devices like the iPhone, iPad and iMac, is one of the largest companies in the world. Sector Representation: Information technology Share Price: $395.01 (Dec. 5) Potential Upside: 30.4% based on a price target of $515 Investment Thesis: Like most tech analysts, Scott Craig favors Apple because of its high quality, the secular growth opportunity, and attractive valuation. "We remain positive on Apple's growth potential given its opportunity to gain market share in large addressable markets, especially in the PC and handset markets," Craig writes. "We find Apple's valuation compelling, particularly based on the upside potential from revenue and earnings growth in the Mac/PC and iPhone segments and from gross margins, which we think should more than outweigh the near-term slowdown in iPod units and consumer exposure."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV