ATLANTA, Dec. 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Crawford & Company's (NYSE: CRDA; CRDB), Brazilian Global Technical Services (GTS(SM)) operations recently won a Cobertura Magazine Performance Award for Best Performance in Claims Adjusting.
The judging committee chose Crawford Brazil for the award based on its contributions to the development of the Brazilian insurance market, including the ability to successfully coordinate large losses with local insurers and reinsurers.
"With our global presence and single approach to claims, we are able to work with loss adjusters nominated by the local market and reinsurers to come to a fair and mutual claim decision more quickly," said Mauricio Alonso, senior vice president for Latin American and Caribbean operations for Crawford. "We are proud of our work in Brazil's growing insurance market and appreciate the recognition of our efforts through this important award."Earlier this year, Crawford & Company (NYSE: CRDA; CRDB), the world's largest independent provider of claims management solutions, established a team of GTS managers and offices in Latin America to more effectively serve large and complex claims from the growing insurance market in the region. Ricardo Ortega is Crawford's country manager in Brazil and Marc Godfrey oversees GTS operations. GTS is Crawford's definitive solution for large, complex claims, providing the highest level of world-class talent in the industry's largest network to strategically manage losses around the globe. Most recently, GTS adjusters have been deployed to assist with fire and flood losses in Australia and earthquake claims in New Zealand and Japan. About Crawford
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV