NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The markets rallied Monday amid reports that S&P would review 15 eurozone nations for a downgrade.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 78.41, or 0.65%, to 12,097.83. The S&P 500 rose 12.80, or 1.03%, to 1257.08. The Nasdaq added 28.83, or 1.10%, to 2656.76.
Joe Terranova said on CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show that the S&P rating news is going to make it more difficult for the S&P 500 index to break above its 200-day moving average.
Tim Seymour called S&P's rating move "garbage." He said this was the same rating agency that didn't see any stress in the Germany's economy three weeks ago. He said it also hasn't seen the tightening in yields and austerity plans in Italy and Greece. He wondered why S&P is spreading so much chaos to the markets.For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV