Based on these projections, I believe the stock is capable of reaching about $65 per share in as little as three years. At that rate of growth, by the end of 2014 you'd be looking at a bit more than a double from the current price of about $32 a share. This is assuming analysts are right about earnings growing 13.5% a year, which would put earnings at $4.32 a share at the end of 2014, and that investors continue to pay at least 15 times earnings for the stock as they have for the past couple years (15 X $4.32 = $64.80 per share).
Beyond that, it's much more difficult to say. The big question is whether Crown will turn out to be a stock for the long haul, or if competition from glass and plastic substitutes will begin to erode earnings to the point the stock loses the market-beating upside potential it has now. If you plan to buy the stock, then keep an eye on this and be ready to jettison shares if this scenario materializes.
Disclosure: T. Begany and/or StreetAuthority, LLC hold a position in PEP.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV