HIGH POINT, N.C., Dec. 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Bill McKendry has joined Bank of North Carolina as Executive Vice President, Chief Enterprise Risk Officer. McKendry brings a diverse banking background with extensive experience in risk management, auditing and financial reporting. McKendry will be responsible for managing and monitoring risks and implementing appropriate strategies to mitigate those risks. He brings over 20 years of experience and has held senior level risk-based positions for the last seven years.
"We are grateful to have someone of Bill's caliber join our Bank of North Carolina team," commented President and Chief Operating Officer, Richard D. Callicutt. "The events in the recent years along with regulatory changes have demonstrated the need for sound risk management. Bill's depth of experience will help us improve the effectiveness and supervision of a changing environment," continued Callicutt.
"I am excited to join Bank of North Carolina and the dynamic leadership team who recognizes the importance of enterprise risk management and the role it plays in growing stakeholder value," said McKendry.McKendry holds a Masters of Business Administration and a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Notre Dame. In addition, he is a Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Information Systems Auditor. He was previously employed with First Citizens, Wachovia and Bank One Corporation.
About BNC Bancorp and Bank of North Carolina BNC Bancorp is the parent company of Bank of North Carolina, an approximately $2.4 billion-asset commercial bank. Bank of North Carolina provides a complete line of banking and financial services to individuals and businesses through its full-service banking offices in North and South Carolina. Bank of North Carolina is insured by the FDIC and is an equal housing lender. BNC Bancorp's stock is quoted in the NASDAQ Capital Market under the symbol "BNCN."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV