Annie's Homegrown Cooks Up an IPO
The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
By Tom Taulli , InvestorPlace Writer
NEW YORK (InvestorPlace) -- More than 20 years ago, Annie Withey wanted to create a new kind of food company -- one that made products with real ingredients, not chemicals. The result was Annie's Homegrown, and the company has been growing quite nicely.
This week the company filed for an IPO. Lead underwriters include Credit Suisse and JPMorgan. The plan is to issue shares on the New York Stock Exchange with the symbol of BNNY (the company's mascot is Bernie the "Rabbit of Approval").
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV