Despite ongoing economic challenges, there is some good news for non profits this year: online giving is up 20%, according to the leading charity platform, Network for Good. And with one-third of the annual online charitable donations still to come in December, the holiday giving season is just gearing up. Yet while the digital age makes it easier than ever to make charitable donations, convenience comes at a price. The processing costs associated with online transactions can deduct up to 5% from a donation, and a recent survey conducted by Capital One indicates that 85% of consumers don’t know that charities are getting less than the full amount of their donation. But Capital One gives back by covering these costs through its No Hassle Giving Site ( www.capitalone.com/give) so that 100% of their customer donations get to the charities of choice.
“While offline giving has declined through the economic downturn, online giving is on the rise and people are looking for easy, convenient and cost-effective ways to be generous,” said Katya Andresen, Chief Strategy Officer, Network for Good. “The Giving Site is a great tool for consumers and we are thrilled that Capital One is getting extra money to charities at a time when every penny counts.”
Launched in 2008 in partnership with Network for Good, the Capital One Giving Site allows Capital One credit and debit cardholders to research, select and donate to the cause of their choice. Customers can search the site’s comprehensive database of more than 1.2 million verified U.S. charities for a cause by topic, charity or zip code. In addition to cash, credit cardholders can donate rewards. Customers with rewards cards will earn miles, points or cash, as they do on other transactions, and they will receive a detailed donation history and summary of taxable donations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV