NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Cloud computing is shaping the information technology sector in a very drastic way, and companies are willing to pay dearly for the growth in this area.
|A resurgence in M&A in cloud computing could lead to additional deals.|
SuccessFactor's board already has approved the transaction, and it will be funded by existing cash on hand and a €1 billion term loan facility. Both companies expect the transaction to close in the first quarter of 2012, and it is expected to be slightly dilutive to SAP's 2012 earnings. It will be accretive in subsequent years.
SAP has recognized that it needs additional exposure to its cloud computing offerings, and management believes adding the fast growing SuccessFactors is a solid choice.SuccessFactors is growing exceptionally fast, with revenue rising 77% year over year in the third quarter of 2011, and 59% in the first nine months of the year. SuccessFactors has one of the largest scale of paying users, with more than 15 million subscription seats. It also has more than 3,500 customers in 168 countries. With such a heavy premium being paid for SuccessFactors, SAP sees the potential for cloud computing, particularly through its core applications and analytics offerings. Bill McDermott, co-CEO of SAP, believes the two companies "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV