Back for its second year, the award-winning 1 Mattel (NASDAQ: MAT) 12 Days of Play is making a difference in the lives of children while celebrating the joy and play of the holiday season. Following a successful inaugural year, this exciting philanthropic program is designed to bring the power of play to thousands of the most underserved children in Los Angeles County. This year, Mattel expands beyond Los Angeles taking the 12 days of Play on a tour around the world visiting other Mattel locations such as Australia, Spain, Poland and more.
With events taking place from Dec. 3 to 16, the 12 Days of Play brings all facets of Mattel – employee volunteers, philanthropic funds and toys from brands such as Barbie®, Hot Wheels® and Fisher Price® – together with local schools, community organizations and charities that serve children in need to create magical play experiences.
“Play is at the very core of development and learning, yet around the world too many children do not have access to play,” said Deidre Lind, executive director of philanthropic programs at Mattel. “The uniqueness of 12 Days of Play is that it brings all Mattel resources together at one time to make an incredible positive social impact. This new mindset is about inspiring people to think beyond the framework of individual giving. Last year was a huge success and we are excited to extend beyond Los Angeles to touch the lives in children all over the world.”
In Los Angeles, some of the most underserved kids can look forward to receiving 20,000 toys and 190 tons of snow at seven different Winter Wonderland events during Mattel’s 12 Days of Play. These events bring a snow day to sunny LA’s inner city children with snow falling every 15 minutes during the events. Activities include sledding, building snowmen and making snow angels, as well as Barbie dress-up stations, Hot Wheels racing tracks, music, food and much more.The Mattel 12 Days of Play Winter Wonderlands are taking place at schools and organizations in Los Angeles County, including:
- Dec. 7: LA SCORES/Palms Elementary in Palms, Calif.
- Dec. 9: 112th Street Elementary in Watts, Calif.
- Dec. 12: Washington Elementary in Hawthorne, Calif.
- Dec. 13: Figueroa Elementary in Westmont, Calif.
- Dec. 14: 10 th Street Elementary in Los Angeles, Calif.
- Dec. 15: LA’s BEST (at Mattel’s El Segundo headquarters)
- Dec. 16: Grape Street Elementary in Watts, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV