BEVERLY, Mass., Dec. 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Axcelis Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: ACLS), a leading supplier of innovative, high-productivity solutions for the semiconductor industry, announced today that it will showcase its latest advancements in ion implantation and plasma dry strip technology at SEMICON Japan 2011. The show is being held December 7-9, at the Makuhari Messe in Tokyo, Japan.
"We're excited to participate in SEMI Japan, one of the largest technology forums in the Asia Pacific region," said Mary Puma, chairman and CEO. "It is an ideal forum for customers to see Axcelis' wide range of enabling ion implant and plasma cleaning technologies, two of the most critical steps in IC manufacturing." She continued, "Despite the natural disaster that occurred earlier this year, Japanese semiconductor manufacturers have rebounded strongly and are leading the way for next generation sub-2Xnm NAND and image sensor technology. We look forward to expanding our market presence in this very important region."
Please visit the Axcelis showcase at Booth #2D-806, in Hall 2, to learn more about the following innovations in device manufacturing designed to optimize device performance and yield, and accelerate chip manufacturers' profitability.
- Optima XExTM high energy implanter is the world's #1 high energy system, featuring the broadest energy range and highest beam currents for unmatched productivity. Its unique endstation and LINAC beamline ensures the industry's lowest metals levels, for superior image sensor performance.
- Optima HDxTM high current implanter's enabling spot beam technology combined with its proprietary wafer temperature control delivers higher yields and profitability critical for today's challenging device manufacturing environment. The system features the new Eterna ELS3 source, designed to extend source life by an unprecedented 500% improvement for Carbon, and a 300% improvement for Germanium applications for shallow junctions in sub 2Xnm nodes.
- Optima MDxtTM mid current implanter is an exciting new entrant to the market, delivering unmatched levels of productivity and energy purity across the broadest range of medium current implant applications. Its' precision angle control, patented energy filter and constant focal length scanning minimizes device performance variation, providing the highest yield possible.
- Integra ESTM plasma cleaning system is the only product on the market capable of delivering enhanced device performance benefits with production-proven, non-oxidizing processes, to maximize dopant retention for sub-2Xnm logic devices. The system also features an innovative, modular, cluster design for outstanding manufacturing flexibility and speed for optimized return on your equipment investment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV