MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Dec. 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- CEVA, Inc. (NASDAQ: CEVA); (LSE: CVA), the leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) platform solutions and digital signal processors (DSP) cores, today announced that it will showcase a range of innovative multimedia and communications solutions for the digital home and mobile markets at CES 2012 in Las Vegas from January 10-13th, 2012. At the show, CEVA will host a private meeting suite in the Las Vegas Hilton where invitees can interact with the demonstrations and meet with members of the CEVA executive team.
The diverse portfolio of technologies being displayed by CEVA at CES is indicative of the company's continued strategic expansion into new addressable markets where high-performance, fully programmable DSPs play a critical role in cost reduction and true product differentiation. Demonstration platforms on display will include:
- Virtual Mouse Interface for smart TVs - Together with CEVAnet partner eyeSight, CEVA will demonstrate eyePoint™, a virtual mouse interface for TVs running on the CEVA-MM3000 image signal processing (ISP) and video platform. The solution combines finger tracking technology with face detection and supports multiple users and low light conditions, using a single standard camera.
- DTV Demodulation – CEVA will demonstrate its multimode software-defined demodulation solution with a live demonstration of ISDB-T signals running on the CEVA-XC processor. This will be the first time that a software-based DTV signal demodulation will be demonstrated running on a single DSP.
- 3D Video - Multiview Video Coding (MVC) demo – CEVA will demonstrate its MVC decoder with stereoscopic view (3D) in HD resolution, implemented fully in software on the CEVA-MM3000 platform.
- DTV Conferencing – Together with CEVAnet partner Alango, CEVA will demonstrate an advanced audio conferencing solution based on the CEVA-TeakLite-III DSP. This solution uses a 5-microphone array and advanced beam-forming and noise reduction software from Alango.
- Scene Analysis and Face Detection – CEVA will demonstrate a range of process-intensive video pre and post processing features running on the CEVA-MM3000 platform, including face detection and face tracking, cropping and scaling, and noise removal.
- Software-defined 4G LTE baseband – Together with CEVAnet partner mimoOn GmbH, CEVA will demonstrate a live 20Mbps transport of HD video streams over LTE using MIMO2*2 and 64QAM. This LTE UE demonstration is based on a commercially available solution, now in design with leading wireless vendors. The UE solution incorporates the CEVA-XC processor running mimoOn's mi!MobilePHY™ software over CEVA's LTE and communication library functions.
About CEVA, Inc.CEVA is the world's leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) DSP cores and platform solutions for the mobile handset, portable and consumer electronics markets. CEVA's IP portfolio includes comprehensive technologies for cellular baseband (2G / 3G / 4G), multimedia (HD video, Image Signal Processing (ISP) and HD audio), voice over packet (VoP), Bluetooth, Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and Serial ATA (SATA). In 2010, CEVA's IP was shipped in over 600 million devices, powering handsets from 7 out of the top 8 handset OEMs, including Nokia, Samsung, LG, Motorola, Sony Ericsson and ZTE. Today, more than one in every three handsets shipped worldwide is powered by a CEVA DSP core. For more information, visit www.ceva-dsp.com. Follow CEVA on twitter at www.twitter.com/cevadsp. SOURCE CEVA, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV