Fed Near Communications Overhaul: Report
WASHINGTON (TheStreet) -- The Federal Reserve is close to finishing an overhaul of its communications strategy, according to a published media report.
The overhaul aims to make the central bank's communications about its goals for inflation and employment more explicit, and to explain more clearly what interest rates are needed to meet those goals, said the report, on The Wall Street Journal's Web site.
Fed officials are likely to spend a lot of time at the Dec. 13 Federal Open Market Committee meeting working out unresolved pieces of the new strategy, the report added. The FOMC is the central bank's policy-setting group.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV