There are co-workers, old friends and distant relatives on each year's list that give holiday shoppers no idea what they're wishing for. When you don't really know someone or have drifted from someone over the years, the two best options are buying a gift card or going completely random. Those choosing the latter should really consider Mxyplyzyk, a site named in honor of Superman's nemesis Mr. Mxyzptlk whose biggest weakness was being tricked into saying his name backward. Yep, that's pretty random, but so is a twig magnifying glass ($20 to $28), a crow-shaped King Meghavarna tea light holder or a 3-D printed birdcage necklace or earrings ($45 or $55). Some of the site's gifts are lovely and functional -- including a bowl made of bottlecaps or Thomas Edison-style filament light bulbs and radio bulbs -- but head-scratchers such as a $120 porcelain squirrel lamp or $55 Portlandia-style pillow with a bird on it have the potential to be more memorable than anything acquaintances may have actually wanted.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV