Cain Suspends Presidential Campaign
ATLANTA ( TheStreet) -- Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain Saturday said he was suspending his campaign because it had been negatively affected by allegations of sexual harassment and an extramarital affair.
In a speech to supporters, Cain called the allegations "false" and "unproved," but he said they had hurt his family and hindered his campaign's ability to raise money.
Cain said that while he was suspending his "plan A" of becoming president, he would now turn to "plan B," in which he will "continue to be a voice" for the American people and continue to promote his 9-9-9 tax plan.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV