Precision Castparts (PCP) pushed the Industrial Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Industrial Goods loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Precision Castparts fell $2.08 (-1.3%) to $161.78 on light volume. Throughout the day, 716,846 shares of Precision Castparts exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $161.38-$164.98 after having opened the day at $164.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $163.86. Other company's within the Industrial Goods sector that declined today were: Bonso Electronics International Inc (BNSO), down 8.6%, Goldfield (GV), down 6.9%, Integrated Electrical Services Inc (IESC), down 6.6%, and Skullcandy Inc (SKUL), down 5.9%. Precision Castparts Corp. manufactures and sells metal components and products worldwide. Precision Castparts has a market cap of $23.76 billion and is part of the industrial industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.5, equal to the average industrial industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 17.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Precision Castparts as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Precision Castparts Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PCP
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV