Lincoln National Corp (Radnor (LNC) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Lincoln National Corp (Radnor fell 15 cents (-0.7%) to $20.06 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7.3 million shares of Lincoln National Corp (Radnor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $19.98-$21 after having opened the day at $20.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.21. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: National Security Group (NSEC), down 8.5%, Imperial Holdings Inc (IFT), down 7.1%, Kingsway Financial Services Inc (KFS), down 5.9%, and Radian Group Inc (RDN), down 4.7%. Lincoln National Corporation, through its subsidiaries, engages in multiple insurance and retirement businesses in the United States. It sells a range of wealth protection, accumulation, and retirement income products and solutions. Lincoln National Corp (Radnor has a market cap of $6.09 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.2, below the average insurance industry P/E ratio of 6.5 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 27.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Lincoln National Corp (Radnor PA as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Lincoln National Corp (Radnor PA Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about LNC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV