EZCorp Inc (EZPW) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, EZCorp Inc fell 62 cents (-2.1%) to $28.59 on light volume. Throughout the day, 244,728 shares of EZCorp Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 534,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $28.44-$29.67 after having opened the day at $29.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.21. Other company's within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: iParty Corporation (IPT), down 20%, Mecox Lane (MCOX), down 4.9%, Lentuo International Inc (LAS), down 4%, and Hollywood Media Corporation (HOLL), down 3.9%. EZCORP, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides specialty consumer financial services. EZCorp Inc has a market cap of $1.38 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12, equal to the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates EZCorp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full EZCorp Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about EZPW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV