The $4.5 billion Sequoia Fund (SEQUX) is up 12% this year and has an average annual return of 6% over 10 years, proving its worth as a reliable, all-weather fund. S&P Capital IQ gave it its top award in the domestic equity, multi-cap category this year, based on its strong, risk-adjusted track record under current management, for owning securities that it views as incurring relatively limited risk, and because it has relatively modest expenses versus its peers.
Morningstar also give the fund its highest ratings at five stars and says "co-managers Bob Goldfarb and David Poppe prize companies with sustainable competitive advantages and talented management teams that are effective capital allocators. The portfolio has traditionally been quite concentrated, but they take a prudent approach."Among the fund's top holdings in its 34-stock portfolio are: specialty pharmaceutical firm Valeant Pharmaceuticals (VRX), diverse holding company Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B), discount clothing retailer TJX Cos. (TJX), construction and maintenance products distributor Fastenal (FAST), and medical diagnostic products maker Idexx Laboratories (IDXX).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV