Harman International Industries Inc (HAR) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Harman International Industries Inc rose 49 cents (1.2%) to $41.38 on light volume. Throughout the day, 558,986 shares of Harman International Industries Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 961,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $41-$41.75 after having opened the day at $41.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.89. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Champion Industries (CHMP), up 8.1%, LJ International Inc (JADE), up 6.8%, Gaming Partners International Corporation (GPIC), up 4.7%, and Movado Group Inc (MOV), up 4.5%. Harman International Industries, Incorporated engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of audio products and electronic systems primarily in the United States, Germany, and other parts of Europe. Harman International Industries Inc has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.9, equal to the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 11.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Harman International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Harman International Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about HAR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV