Company Profile: Flexible Solutions makes specialty chemicals that reduce water evaporation from lakes, reservoirs and swimming pools.Shares of Flexible Solutions ramped higher in each month since April, hitting a 52-week high of $3.39 in July. In early April, the company said revenue rose 29% in the first quarter, which pushed the stock higher. The stock climbed higher again in May after Flexible Solutions announced full first-quarter results. Share Price: $2.69 (Dec. 2) 2011 Total Return: 108% Analyst Ratings: Of the two firms following Flex Solutiosn, Taglich Brothers rates the stock as "neutral" with a $3.20 price target while Sidoti & Co. has a "buy" rating on shares. TheStreet Ratings recently upgraded Flexible Solutions to "buy" from "hold," calling attention to the company's "robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins." However, the company has weak operating cash flow and disappointing return on equity, the report says.
6. ParkerVision (PRKR) Company Profile: ParkerVision develops RF technologies that have low power consumption for 2G, 3G and 4G wireless communications. Shares of ParkerVision surged in July after the company announced it is suing mobile chipmaker Qualcomm (QCOM) for patent infringement. The complaint accuses Qualcomm of "objective recklessness in its infringing activity and seeks an award of exemplary damages, attorneys' fees, and costs in bringing this action." Share Price: $1 (Dec. 2) 2011 Total Return: 120% Analyst Ratings: No research analyst follows ParkerVision. TheStreet Ratings gives ParkerVision a "sell" based on "generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts