9. Saratoga Resources (SARA)
Company Profile: Saratoga Resources is an independent exploration and production company, with acreage along the transitional coastline of Louisiana.Last year, Saratoga Resources emerged from bankruptcy protection with debt obligations restructured to reduce the interest burden on the company. The company was successful in preserving 100% of the interests of shareholders. It paid creditors 100 cents on the dollar and extended the maturity on then existing credit facilities to April 2012. The stock, which was added to the NYSE Amex in July, after Saratoga refinanced prior debt facilities, reduced total debt, raised over $35 million in new equity, and increased cash by 400%. Share Price: $4.60 (Dec. 2) 2011 Total Return: 100% Analyst Ratings: The three research analysts following Saratoga Resources all suggest that investors buy the stock. The average of two price targets is $8, nearly double the stock's current price. TheStreet Ratings also does not follow the stock.
8. Analysts International (ANLY) Company Profile: Analysts International is an IT services staffing firm. Shares of Analysts International popped in late February after the company reassured investors by saying it expects to maintain profitability in fiscal 2011. Shares dipped in May after the company's chief financial officer resigned, shares climbed to a 52-week high in November on the back of the company's third-quarter financial results, which saw revenue up 11% from a year ago and net income up sharply to $1.8 million from only $600,000 in the third quarter of 2010. Share Price: $4.92 (Dec. 2) 2011 Total Return: 100% Analyst Ratings: Despite the name, no research analyst follows Analysts International. TheStreet Ratings has a "buy" rating on Analysts International after upgrading the stock in November. The company's low profit margins are counterbalanced by "its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV