Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrance
Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrance (ULTA) operates specialty retail stores selling cosmetics, fragrance, haircare and skincare products, and related accessories and services. This stock is trading up 4.6% at $73.08 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1,300,000Average Volume: 1,051,380 Volume % Change: 204% This stock, another of my earnings short-squeeze plays this week, is spiking big today after the company posted a better-than-expected quarterly profit as more beauty-conscious customers bought their products. Third-quarter net income soared to $26.8 million, or 42 cents a share, vs. $14.2 million, or 23 cents a share, a year ago. Revenue rose 22% to $413.1 million and same-store sales also jumped 10%. From a technical standpoint, this stock has started to flirt with some big breakout levels today off of its strong earnings report. Traders should now watch for a sustained high-volume move and close above $74.38 to $75.69 in the coming days or weeks. If we get that breakout on volume that's close to or above 1,051,380, then I would look to get long this stock for a run towards $100.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV