Lululemon Athletica (LULU) is a designer and retailer of technical athletic apparel operating primarily in North America and Australia. The stock is trading up 4% at $49.14 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 5,100,000Average Volume: 3,783,970 Volume % Change: 258% This stock is ripping today after the company said its third-quarter earnings jumped to $38.8 million, or 27 cents per share, from $25.7 million, or 18 cents per share, last year. Revenue also rose 31%, to $230.2 million, on a 16% increase in same-store sales. From a technical standpoint, this stock has still failed to stay above both its 200-day and 50-day moving averages, despite the bullish earnings news today. This sets the stock up for a short sale as long as it closes below $50. I would look to sell this stock short as long as it stays below $50 and its 50-day moving average at $52.12. Lululemon is the top holding in Columbia Wanger Asset Management's portfolio as well as one of the top holdings at Vinik Asset Management.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV