Lululemon Athletica (LULU) is a designer and retailer of technical athletic apparel operating primarily in North America and Australia. The stock is trading up 4% at $49.14 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 5,100,000Average Volume: 3,783,970 Volume % Change: 258% This stock is ripping today after the company said its third-quarter earnings jumped to $38.8 million, or 27 cents per share, from $25.7 million, or 18 cents per share, last year. Revenue also rose 31%, to $230.2 million, on a 16% increase in same-store sales. From a technical standpoint, this stock has still failed to stay above both its 200-day and 50-day moving averages, despite the bullish earnings news today. This sets the stock up for a short sale as long as it closes below $50. I would look to sell this stock short as long as it stays below $50 and its 50-day moving average at $52.12. Lululemon is the top holding in Columbia Wanger Asset Management's portfolio as well as one of the top holdings at Vinik Asset Management.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV