Zumiez (ZUMZ) is a mall-based specialty retailer of action sports related apparel, footwear, equipment and accessories operating under the Zumiez brand name. The stock is trading up 19% at $27.99 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1,250,000Average Volume: 428,725 Volume % Change: 652% This stock is ripping big today after the company topped quarterly earnings expectations yet again and posted higher-than-expected sales in November. (I featured the stock earlier this week in "5 Earnings Stocks That Could Squeeze the Bears.") From a technical standpoint, this stock has triggered a major breakout today now that shares have traded above some past overhead resistance at $25 a share on monster volume. Traders should now watch for another big breakout to trigger if ZUMZ can manage to sustain a move and close above some more overhead resistance levels at $29.50 and $31. A high-volume move and close above those levels will set this stock up to re-test its next significant overhead resistance level at $33.13.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV