1. General Motors (GE) develops, produces and markets cars, trucks and parts in more than 30 countries worldwide. It also provides automotive financing services through General Motors Financial Company. The company operates in five segments: GM North America, GM Europe, GM International Operations, GM South America and GM Financial. GM's brands include Chevrolet and Cadillac.
Of the 20 analysts covering the stock, 75% recommend a buy and 25% affirm a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $34.14, about 62.9% higher than the current levels, according to data compiled by Bloomberg
GM reported total revenue of $36.7 billion for 2011 third quarter, up 7.62% from $34.1 in the same quarter previous year. Net income attributable to common shareholders stood at $1.7 billion, or $1.03 per fully-diluted share. GM ended the quarter with strong liquidity of $38.8 billion.GM Sales in the U.S. totalled 180,402 vehicles in November, up 6.9% from 168,739 a year earlier. For the Indian market, GM reported a marginal increase in November sales at 8440 units, vs. 8376 units sold in the same month last year. The company's CEO said that GM would buy Chevrolet Volts from any owner who is concerned about a government investigation of two post-crash-test fires in the car's battery. Based on the current industry outlook, the company expects adjusted EBIT for the fourth quarter of 2011 to be at the levels of fourth quarter of 2010 (around $2,056 million), due to seasonal trends in North America and weakness in Europe. Also, GM expects to record a special item in the fourth quarter recognizing an $800 million non-cash settlement gain related to a Canadian Health Care Trust settlement. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 5 Auto Stocks in Top Gear portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV