2. Ford Motor (F) is a global automotive manufacturer of cars and trucks. Along with subsidiaries, it also engages in other businesses, including financing vehicles. It operates under two segments: automotive and financial services. It has 70 plants worldwide with brands including Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company.
Of the 21 analysts covering the stock, 71% recommend a buy and 29% rate a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is 58.2% higher than the current price at $16.75, according to a Bloomberg consensus.
Ford reported total revenue of $33.04 billion for 2011 third quarter, up 10% from $29.9 billion in the same period prior year. Net income for the quarter was steady at $1.6 million or 41 cents per share, from the same quarter last year. Cash and cash equivalents increased to $8.08 billion from $6.30 billion in the same quarter a year earlier.Retail sales for Ford in the U.S. were 166,865 units, up 13% from the same period last year, led by small SUVs. During the 2011 China Touring Car Championship (CTCC), Ford achieved yet another milestone reaching the 800,000-unit mark in China on Nov. 11. Ford unveiled the 2013 Cobra Jet Mustang at the performance racing industry show in Orlando, Florida. The company plans to build 675,000 vehicles in the first quarter of 2012, up 3% or 18,000 vehicles, compared with the same period last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV