4. Tata Motors (TTM) is India's largest automobile company and the world's fourth-largest truck manufacturer. Operating through subsidiaries, the company engages in engineering and automotive solutions, manufacture of construction equipment, automotive vehicle components and supply chain activities, machine tools, factory automation solutions and automotive retailing and service operations.
Of the 53 analysts polled by Bloomberg, 77% recommend a buy and 15% suggest a hold. Seeking Alpha analysts rate the stock a value pick with a target price of $24, which is 35.7% higher than the current price.
Tata Motors reported revenue of $7.86 billion for its fiscal 2012 second quarter, up 27.8% from $6.15 billion in the same quarter previous fiscal year. Net profit for the quarter stood at $410.5 million and diluted EPS came in at 12 cents.Cumulative sales for 2011 came in 7% higher at 642,431 units compared to the corresponding period in 2010. Consolidated sales for November. increased 40.6% to 76,823 units compared to 54,622 units in the year earlier. Global sales in Oct. rose 10% from a year earlier to 95,789 units. Tata Nano sales jumped nearly 12-fold to 6,401 units during the month, vs. 509 units in the same month last year. Tata recently launched Tata Sumo Gold equipped with new technologies and the all new Range Rover Evoque from the Jaguar Land Rover corporate showroom in Mumbai, India.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV