4. Tata Motors (TTM) is India's largest automobile company and the world's fourth-largest truck manufacturer. Operating through subsidiaries, the company engages in engineering and automotive solutions, manufacture of construction equipment, automotive vehicle components and supply chain activities, machine tools, factory automation solutions and automotive retailing and service operations.
Of the 53 analysts polled by Bloomberg, 77% recommend a buy and 15% suggest a hold. Seeking Alpha analysts rate the stock a value pick with a target price of $24, which is 35.7% higher than the current price.
Tata Motors reported revenue of $7.86 billion for its fiscal 2012 second quarter, up 27.8% from $6.15 billion in the same quarter previous fiscal year. Net profit for the quarter stood at $410.5 million and diluted EPS came in at 12 cents.Cumulative sales for 2011 came in 7% higher at 642,431 units compared to the corresponding period in 2010. Consolidated sales for November. increased 40.6% to 76,823 units compared to 54,622 units in the year earlier. Global sales in Oct. rose 10% from a year earlier to 95,789 units. Tata Nano sales jumped nearly 12-fold to 6,401 units during the month, vs. 509 units in the same month last year. Tata recently launched Tata Sumo Gold equipped with new technologies and the all new Range Rover Evoque from the Jaguar Land Rover corporate showroom in Mumbai, India.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV