5. Tesla Motors (TSLA - Get Report) designs, develops, manufactures and sells electric vehicles and advanced electric vehicle power train components. The company owns its sales and service network, and markets and sells its vehicles directly to consumers through the phone and Internet, in-person at its corporate events and through its network of Tesla stores. It has sold more than 2,000 Roadsters -- the world's first electric sports car -- worldwide, as of third quarter 2011.
5 Auto Stocks in Top Gear
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts