DETROIT (MainStreet) -- It's easy to make a list of great vehicles. Automakers think all of their vehicles are great.
Making a list of not-so-great vehicles, however, can be a little tougher, because the standards are not so clear.
Recently, editors and staff at web2Carz, a Chicago-based auto shopping site, got together to select the 10 worst cars of the year. They based their analysis on Consumer Reports reliability evaluations, fuel efficiency, cost, continued relevance and their own feelings about certain vehicles.It is worth noting that in four cases, automakers are in such full agreement that they plan to take the vehicles off the market for 2012. The vehicles include two small pickups, a troubled sector; several utility vehicles that are being left behind in a sector in which fuel efficiency is becoming part of the equation; and a subcompact car that stacks up very well against some tough competitors. Here is the list, in alphabetical order.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV