Millicom International Cellular S.A. (“Millicom”) (Stockholmsbörsen: MIC)(STO:MIC)(NASDAQ:MICC) today held its Extraordinary General Meeting ("EGM") of shareholders in Luxembourg.
By a simple majority of the votes cast, the EGM resolved to:
1. appoint Mr. Jean-Michel Schmit as the Chairman of the EGM and to authorise the Chairman to elect a Secretary and a Scrutineer of the EGM
2. distribute a gross dividend to the Company's shareholders of USD 3 per share, as per the proposal of the Company's Board of Directors, corresponding to an aggregate dividend of approximately USD 308,000,000, to be paid out of the Company's profits for the year ended December 31, 2010 in the amount of USD 435,219,669, which have been carried forward as per the decision of the Annual General Shareholder’s Meeting of May 31, 2011.The dividend will be paid to shareholders and SDR holders who are registered in the shareholder and SDR registries kept by Millicom, Euroclear or American Stock Transfer & Trust Company (AST) as of December 7, 2011 (the “Dividend Payment Record Date”). The ex-dividend date is estimated to be December 5, 2011. Payment of the dividend is expected to occur on December 13, 2011. Further details can be found in the convening notice for the EGM, issued on November 2, 2011. About Millicom Millicom International Cellular S.A. is a global telecommunications group with mobile telephony operations in 13 countries in Latin America and Africa. It also operates various combinations of fixed telephony, cable and broadband businesses in five countries in Central America. The Group’s mobile operations have a combined population under license of approximately 260 million people. This press release may contain certain “forward-looking statements” with respect to Millicom’s expectations and plans, strategy, management’s objectives, future performance, costs, revenues, earnings and other trend information. It is important to note that Millicom’s actual results in the future could differ materially from those anticipated in forward-looking statements depending on various important factors. Please refer to the documents that Millicom has filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission under the U.S. Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, including Millicom’s most recent annual report on Form 20-F, for a discussion of certain of these factors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV