FLIR Systems Inc (FLIR) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry lower today making it today's featured Aerospace/Defense loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, FLIR Systems Inc fell 21 cents (-0.8%) to $26.65 on light volume. Throughout the day, 962,284 shares of FLIR Systems Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $26.57-$26.99 after having opened the day at $26.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.86. Other company's within the Aerospace/Defense industry that declined today were: Aerosonic Corporation (AIM), down 6.2%, Astronics Corporation (ATRO), down 4%, Triumph Group Inc (TGI), down 3.4%, and Breeze-Eastern Corporation (BZC), down 3.2%. FLIR Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets thermal imaging systems worldwide. The company operates through two divisions, Commercial Systems and Government Systems. FLIR Systems Inc has a market cap of $3.96 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.1, equal to the average aerospace/defense industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 9.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates FLIR Systems as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, premium valuation and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full FLIR Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about FLIR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV