Express Inc. (EXPR): Today's Featured Services Loser
Express Inc (EXPR) pushed the Services sector lower today making it today's featured Services loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Express Inc fell $1.41 (-6.2%) to $21.28 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.1 million shares of Express Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 873,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $20.86-$22.25 after having opened the day at $21.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.69. Other company's within the Services sector that declined today were: Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG), down 19.7%, Talbots Inc (TLB), down 18.6%, General Employment (JOB), down 16.7%, and Barnes & Noble Inc (BKS), down 16.3%. Express, Inc. operates specialty retail stores in the United States. The company's stores offer apparel and accessories for women and men between 20 and 30 years old across various aspects of the lifestyles comprising work, casual, jeanswear, and going-out occasions. It also sells gift cards. Express Inc has a market cap of $1.92 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.6, below the average retail industry P/E ratio of 15.7 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 20.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Express as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, revenue growth and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally poor debt management and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Express Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV