Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc (MMC) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc rose 18 cents (0.6%) to $30.37 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.7 million shares of Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $29.99-$30.50 after having opened the day at $30.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.19. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Assured Guaranty (AGO), up 13.3%, Radian Group Inc (RDN), up 8.8%, MGIC Investment Corporation (MTG), up 7.3%, and Life Partners Holdings Inc (LPHI), up 6%. Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc., a professional services company, provides advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital. It operates in two segments: Risk and Insurance Services, and Consulting. Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc has a market cap of $15.44 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.4, below the average insurance industry P/E ratio of 26.1 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 10.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Marsh & McLennan Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Marsh & McLennan Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MMC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV