Rockwell Collins Inc. (COL): Today's Featured Industrial Goods Winner
Rockwell Collins Inc (COL) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Rockwell Collins Inc rose 52 cents (0.9%) to $55.42 on light volume. Throughout the day, 660,637 shares of Rockwell Collins Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $54.80-$55.61 after having opened the day at $54.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.90. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: Bonso Electronics International Inc (BNSO), up 16.7%, Zoltek Companies Inc (ZOLT), up 10.5%, Texas Industries Inc (TXI), up 9%, and Goldfield (GV), up 7.5%. Rockwell Collins, Inc. designs, produces, and supports communications and aviation electronics for commercial and military customers worldwide. It operates in two segments, Government Systems and Commercial Systems. Rockwell Collins Inc has a market cap of $8.05 billion and is part of the aerospace/defense industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.5, above the average aerospace/defense industry P/E ratio of 13.1 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 5.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Rockwell Collins as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Rockwell Collins Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV