Brazilian Distribution Company (CBD): Today's Featured Retail Winner
Brazilian Distribution Company (CBD) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Brazilian Distribution Company rose $1.63 (4.5%) to $38.19 on average volume. Throughout the day, 688,953 shares of Brazilian Distribution Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 594,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.32-$38.71 after having opened the day at $37.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.56. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: Bon-Ton Stores Inc (BONT), up 19.8%, New York & Company Inc (NWY), up 9.7%, Charming Shoppes Inc (CHRS), up 9%, and Gaiam Inc (GAIA), up 7%. Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a retailer of food products, clothing, home appliances, and other products through its chain of hypermarkets, supermarkets, specialized and department stores, convenience stores, and the Internet in Brazil. Brazilian Distribution Company has a market cap of $8.83 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 48.5, above the average retail industry P/E ratio of 19.7 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 12.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Brazilian Distribution as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Brazilian Distribution Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV