AU Optronics Corporation (AUO): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Winner
AU Optronics Corporation (AUO) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, AU Optronics Corporation rose 22 cents (4.6%) to $5.04 on average volume. Throughout the day, three million shares of AU Optronics Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $4.95-$5.08 after having opened the day at $4.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $4.82. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: iGo Inc (IGOI), up 13.5%, OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ), up 7.3%, Concurrent Computer Corporation (CCUR), up 7.1%, and Video Display Corporation (VIDE), up 5.9%. AU Optronics Corp. researches, develops, produces, and sells thin film transistor liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCDs) and other flat panel displays to original equipment manufacturing service providers. AU Optronics Corporation has a market cap of $3.99 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 53.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates AU Optronics as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share.
- You can view the full AU Optronics Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV