AU Optronics Corporation (AUO) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, AU Optronics Corporation rose 22 cents (4.6%) to $5.04 on average volume. Throughout the day, three million shares of AU Optronics Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $4.95-$5.08 after having opened the day at $4.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $4.82. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: iGo Inc (IGOI), up 13.5%, OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ), up 7.3%, Concurrent Computer Corporation (CCUR), up 7.1%, and Video Display Corporation (VIDE), up 5.9%. AU Optronics Corp. researches, develops, produces, and sells thin film transistor liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCDs) and other flat panel displays to original equipment manufacturing service providers. AU Optronics Corporation has a market cap of $3.99 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 53.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates AU Optronics as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share.
- You can view the full AU Optronics Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about AUO
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV